There are a few parts to having custom flags made that you need to be aware of. These parts below are important when asking for a custom flag quote so you receive the best price possible.
- Flag Quantity this is an important one, though we will print 1 custom flag you will find the cost is a lot cheaper when you ask for 2 or more custom made flags to be printed. Most cases 1 flag will be printed by digital print and though you get a beautiful printed flag the colors are not as rich as screen printed images also bear in mind not all images can be screen print.
- Flag Colors the more colors in the design the higher the cost, if your image has faded and gradient colors we have to print via digital print which in larger orders will work out more costly as to screen print when the cost will be cheaper. screen printed custom flags need to have spot solid colors.
- Location/Material important if the custom flags are for promo use you only need 100D polyester as this is the most cost effective if your flags are going outside on a flag pole you will need either 200D knitted polyester or higher.
- Single Sided or Double Sided single sided for custom flags is most common the flags image is printed one side and bleeds through to the back in reverse, the flags are lighter and fly in the wind easier these are of course half the cost of double sided flags. Double sided flags are 2 custom flags printed and sewn together with a block out material to stop the see through so you get the image correct both sides. These flags are heavier, more costly and takes more wind to move them.
- Fixtures this part of the custom flags does not attract any cost you just need to work out what will work best for you and what you are wanting the flags to be used for, so for example having a sleeve means you can slide the custom flags onto a pole, having brass eyelets means you can hang the flags on a flag pole.
Taking these above points into consideration - size, quantity, colour/s, location, material and single sided or double sided are all important factors to be considered when requesting a quote for the custom flags you require.
Common sizes for custom flags are:
4" x 6"- 12" x 18" - 16" x 24" - 2'x 3' - 3' x 6' - 3' x 5' - 4' x 6' - 5' x 8' - 6' x 10'
Custom flags can be printed 2 ways
Screen print example: notice the colors are solid.
Digital Print example: notice the colors are gradients more like a photo.
View more custom flags
Read in detail about the screen and digital printed flag here Printing Techniques
3 Materials you can choose are:
100D polyester (for promo uses)
200D Knitted polyester (for durability outside) Most Common for custom flags
500D Spun Polyester (for extra durability - longer life
It’s the most durable custom flag material you can get though this material cannot be digital printed on.
Should you choose single sided or double sided...
Single sided flag sample:
As you can see the wording on a single sided flag will read in reverse on the back side. This type of custom flag takes little wind to move it and is the most common way for custom flags.
Double sided flag sample:
As you can see the wording reads correct on the back side. This flag take a lot wind to move it as it is very heavy and is not the most common.
Read more about single side and double sided flags
Flag fixtures what ones are there?
The most common fixtures for flags are brass eyelets (grommets). Their are other fixtures you can have choose they are
Rope and Clip
Read more about custom flags fixtures
Coat of Arms Custom flags
Coat of Arms flags capture a family history and are sure to become a treasured possession and a great conversation point for your home, family and friends.
Find out more about our Custom flags Coat of Arms
Custom Car flags
The flag makers will design car flags for all occasions.
Click here for a custom flags car quote!
"I received the flags yesterday and I have to tell you I couldn't be more happy with the result.
It took a long time to come to realization but the finished product is absolutely perfect.
I can't fine the adequate words to thank you and your very talented crew. I know this one
had to be hard for you to produce."
"The flags arrived. They look GREAT! The price was right and the delivery time was the best. Thank you for your help. I will talk to the other club members and see if they would like to order some more, Thanks again, I would highly recommend your company to anyone."
Kelowna BC Canada